Application Deadline: May 2, 2012
To submit an application, please follow the below instructions:
- Step 1 - Go to the following website: http://delphi.uniroma2.it/totem/jsp/Concorsi/ConcorsoOTest.jsp?language=en
- Step 2 - Select "Applications"
- Step 3 - Select "Start application procedures"
- Step 4 - Select "PhD Program" (see the following link for help translating the Program title from Italian into English:
- Step 5 - Select the appropriate Faculty
- Step 6 - Select your desired Program
- Step 7 - Fill-out the application
- ** Note: In the Application Section “GPA/Grade/Assessment," fill-in your overall degree assessment even when expressed in a category format. For instance, the overall GPA for students from the United States will be expressed on a 4.0 scale. Other Countries may use a scale up to 100 or letter grades (e.g., A-, B+, etc.). Other grading systems may use categories such as “good” or “exceptional.” This field can accept written assessments, letter grades, and/or numbers. You only need to include the rating that applies to your degree.
- Step 8 - Upload a file in "zip" or "rar" format (maximum size of 15 MB) containing:
- A Curriculum Vitae with details of achieved degree(s), relevant examination results and/or results of degree requirements with assessment and/or grade (i.e., transcript details), and the date of degree achievement.
- A Research Proposal (maximum size of 1 page on A4 paper)
- A List of Publications
- Step 9 - Print the application
- Step 10 - Contact two university professors in Italy or abroad and ask them to provide a recommendation letter by May 2, 2012. The recommendation form and information about the letter can be found here: Letter of Recommendation Form
Please transmit the forms and letters by email directly to the coordinator of the PhD program to which you are applying by 2 May 2012. (Please note, if you are applying to more than one program an original set of letters & forms must be sent to each of the Programs Coordinators).
The list of coordinators and their email addresses is available here:
PhD Coordinator Contacts List
Please save your application after entering the information about your first degree. Once you select "save" you will get a CTRL code. Please write down your CTRL code. This code is very important and will allow you to recover your application online should it be needed.
You have 30 minutes to fill-out the application. All data will be lost if your session expires and is unsaved. It is important that you save your information as you go along.
Only the electronic file and application will be evaluated. No paper applications or additional documentation will be accepted unless otherwise indicated in the provisions outlined by the individual PhD programs.
The PhD coordinator (or their delegates) will establish direct contact with selected candidates by email in order to fix the Skype interview.