PhD in TISSUE ENGINEERING AND REMODELING BIOTECHNOLOGIES FOR BODY FUNCTION
This Multidisciplinary Research Doctorate aims:
- To extend the knowledge both at the molecular and clinical levels on the etiology, pathogenesis and the progress of acquired and/or hereditary diseases, of metabolic, degenerative and/or oncological character, concerning (i) the motility apparatus, (ii) the maxillo-facial district, (iii) the vision system, (iv) the othorinolaringoiatric system from the medical, surgical, sport and rehabilitationary standpoint.
- To build up research programs in the biotechnological and biomedical field for their therapeutic and rehabilitative application. This would be mainly focussed toward the investigation on chronic degenerative diseases, which have a fall-up on the health system. Within the Doctorate we’ll also promote research projects for the study of physico-chemical properties of Biomaterials for the regeneration and remodelling of the Extra-Cellular Matrix and for the development of new Biotechnologies in view of their clinical application in different body districts related to the members of the College of Teachers.
The Board of Teachers of the Doctorate will contribute, thanks to the multidisciplinarity of expertises, ranging between molecular expertises (Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Pathology), cellular expertises (Cell Pathology, Tissue and Genetic Engineering), clinical expertises (Biomechanics and Clinics), to the accomplishment of these targets through:
- a) the optimization of biotechnological resources in the molecular and cellular field;
- b) the creation of bio-banks of epidemiological data;
- c) the design and experimentation of innovative systems, pathways and diagnostic protocols.
From the organisational standpoint, the Doctorate will be subdivided in four pathways, closely interrelated (through the collaboration of multidisciplinary tutors), namely of (i) molecular pathophysiology, (ii) tissue engineering and remodelling of the Extracellular matrix, (iii) clinical research for the optimization of the body functioning, (iv) therapeutic and rehabilitation application.
In particular, the first pathway will be devoted to the analysis and identification of molecular mechanisms underlying different pathologies, mostly addressed toward the head-neck region and the motility apparatus. The second pathway will mainly deal with the features of biomaterials for the development of innovative tissue engineering and Extracellular Matrix remodelling approaches for the exploitation of stem cells in the orthopedic, oculistic and othorinolaringoiatric fields. The third pathway will be mostly dedicated to the deepening of clinical aspects, also employing the knowledge derived from the previous pathways, in the field of orthopedy and the head-neck district for an optimization of body functioning also in the field of Sports Medicine. Finally, the fourth pathway will mostly concern the research on innovative systems for the cure and rehabilitation of these pathologies.
OFFERTA FORMATIVA EROGATA E PREVISTA (EDUCATION&TRAINING PROGRAM):
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Pathology; Cell Pathology, Tissue and Genetic Engineering; Biomechanics and Clinics
INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
|SCHOOL/DEPARTMENT||Medicine and Surgery/Department Clinical Sciences and Translational Medicine|
|PHD CODE||S37||DURATION||3 years|
|ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES||BIO/10, BIO/14, MED/04, MED/05, MED/30, MED/31, MED/32, MED/33, MED/34, MED/44, MED/50, MED-F/01, MED-F/02|
|AVAILABLE RESEARCH AREAS|
|THE PROGRAM IS DEVELOPED IN COLLABORATION WITH THE FOLLOWING INSTITUTIONS||Univ. of Manitoba, Canada; Sechenov Univ., Russia; Univ. Belgrado, Serbia; Univ. Amman, Giordania; Univ. Central Florida, USA; Hacettepe Univ., Turchia, Univ. San Paolo, Brasile; Univ. Ain Shams, Egit|
|TOTAL AVAILABLE POSITIONS||9|
|positions reserved to Public Administration employees (of which)||1|
|positions reserved to Independent Candidates** (of which)||4|
|unreserved positions covered by scholarships (of which)||2|
|unreserved positions not covered by scholarships (of which)||2|
|TOTAL AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS||2
|university scholarships (of which)||2 (1 of which is reserved to foreign candidates, without prejudice to the same evaluation process)
|DEGREES REQUIRED TO APPLY||LM-6, LM-9, LM-13, LM-17, LM-41, LM-53, LM-54, LM-68, 46/S, 69/S, 75/S, 76/S|
|WHAT WILL BE EVALUATED||Qualifications indicated below AND Oral Exam|
|QUALIFICATIONS DETAILS||EVALUABLE QUALIFICATION||COMPULSORY/DISCRETIONARY||SUBMITTING METHOD|
|Research Proposal||Discretionary||TO BE UPLOADED ON DELPHI|
|Curriculum Vitae||Compulsory||TO BE UPLOADED ON DELPHI|
|Master's degree grade AND University exam transcript with marks||Discretionary||TO BE UPLOADED ON DELPHI|
|Publications||Discretionary||TO BE UPLOADED ON DELPHI|
|Recommendation letters||Discretionary||TO BE EMAILED TO THE PHD COORDINATOR BEFORE THE DEADLINE|
|MIN QUALIFICATIONS THRESHOLD||-/100||MAX QUALIFICATIONS THRESHOLD||20/100|
|MIN EXAMS/S THRESHOLD||50/100||MAX EXAM/S THRESHOLD||80/100|
|MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION||English||LANGUAGE/S REQUIRED FOR THE EXAM/S||Italian and English|
|EXAM/S DATE/S||SOON AVAILABLE|
|OTHER REQUIREMENTS||For further details, please refer to Art. 2 of the Announcement|
** Independent Candidates have their own source of funding such as:
- A bank account balance of at least 5.800 euros
- A scholarship funded by the government of their country of origin
- A scholarship funded by the Italian Ministry of foreign affairs
- The written declaration of any institution that wish to fund the PhD for whatever reason
- An employment contract
The evidence of the above mentioned occurrence must be provided only if admitted to the PhD. Please refer to the Announcement for further details.